1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How to keep the mice out during winter storage?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by PEARL MUSSIN, Nov 29, 2016.

1. PEARL MUSSIN

So what really works to keep the mice out ? Car is stored at my inlaws out in the country.. thanks

2. Disney Lincoln

I tried several things that didn't work. Then I got a shop cat. That worked.

3. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Put a wad of steel wool in the exhaust pipe to keep any from climbing in there. One in the intake hole too. Mothballs or dryer sheets in the interior and under the hood, plus some traps around the vehicle. If the vehicle will be checked every couple of weeks I'd also consider putting in one of those sealed box traps (not any kind which squishes the mouse because it would smell too soon!). I've used traps around the outside of the vehicle, to get them before they decide to go int.

4. Crazy Larry

You can get one of those car tents you roll the car into and zip it up. Its sealed from the outside world unless they chew through it.