1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Polyurethane Motor Mounts

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Turbo5pointO, May 12, 2011.

1. Turbo5pointO

Just wondering if anyone here has ever had any problems with polyurethane mounts do to the heat of a turbo car

2. turbojosh

as long as you dont have a pipe right against it it should work fine i would think

3. Turbo5pointO

Thats what Im kind of worried about headers and down pipe are petty close. Has anyone melted these mounts?

4. Matt Cramer

Is this as compared to rubber or compared to aluminum?

5. GT_4_FUN

I have melted mine on a car that I open track. I had to build shields to try and prevent the melting. The passenger side I have several inches of clearance and it still melted.

6. Turbofox89

Never had a problem with mine. been in for years now. flipped shorties and the downpipe went on top. I also usually had the DP and othe rpipes wrapped as well so that will help. but they we'ren't always covered, just painted.