1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TT exhaust 2v? and BOV?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by yoteehunter, Jan 13, 2007.

1. yoteehunter

Im gonna go with side exhaust. What mufflers sound good with turbos. I have flowmaster 40 series with an off road x now and I like loud and they just arent quiet loud enough for me. I was thinking of leaving the exhaust off and just letting the turbos do the muffling. I just want a deep sound with turbo whine out the arse. Also should I X after the turbos or use and H or what about a prochanber I heard lots or good things about the prochamber from mac.??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Next..do I set my BOV for the same boost as my waste gates? Its 8psi?

2. Zacharyx

side exhaust may be too restrictive for a turbo car. unless you can find a straight thru type muffler thst is short enough to fit before the bend to the sides

3. Tx_Cat

Im doing the same convo and I am going with dynomax bullet mufflers.... And how exactly do you set the bov to 8psi? :huh:

4. Samhain

I have Magnaflows, and they are tame on a turbo car. But I want my car quiet. You dont need any exhaust x,h. All pulses are canceled by the turbines.

5. yoteehunter

Mine is adjustable. Some are not I guess.

6. Frank02L

Actually I think you are adjusting the spring for the amount of vacuum it will take to open it. Ths stiffer the spring, the more vacuum it will take to open.

7. TurboShortBus

Straight-through mufflers on turbo cars only, unless you want to reduce your horsepower.

As stated before, no X or H pipes are needed on a turbo car. No cross-bank scavenging will take place in a turbo car. Throw out almost everything that you might think you know about naturally aspirated exhaust systems when you are using turbochargers.

Mark

8. yoteehunter

Well I guess that settles the exhaust. I will just route the pipes to the side skirts and use 2.5" or 3" the way I have it set up it should only need 2 bends a 90 and then a 45 to point it towards the side and the 90 to get it out from the engine compartment. Yes the spring pressure is what is adjustable in the bov.

9. ab 281 gt

Borla Stingers sound like they would do the job..