1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How to identify a Teksid block

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 01cobra, Jan 16, 2007.

1. 01cobra

I have used the search here on this forum. I haved searched on several other forums. Does anyone know how to positively identify a 4.6 Teksid aluminum block? Based on my previous searches the best I can tell everyone says if it has the square pattern cast into the valley area on the block it is a Teksid? Most all posts I have read say that Teksid blocks are in the 96-98 cobras. However based on the info I have found I believe my block is of the Teksid variety. I have a 01 Cobra that I bought new. Build number 0386 I believe I would have to dig out the cert. to know for sure but.... Car was built in late March of 01 I took delivery on April 15 2001. I will try to attach a pic here

2. workedmerk

I have never looked in the valley, but the water pump area is thinned out on the casting of the later blocks, up at the top. I dont know how to explain it really well, but I can get a picture of my block tomorrow when I stop by the machine shop. I believe the later blocks also have ribs on the side, where the teksids dont. Both should still be available for pictures tomorrow.

3. RobR

The short block shown in your pic is a Teksid block .. The later WAP block have 7 and 8 vertical casting lines running along the inner valley area of the block . The Teksid block was produced till 1999 and the left overs were installed in some 01 cobra ..... Hope this helps ..... Later Rob.R

4. F8LVENM

Exactly what I was going to say regarding the left over Teksid blocks......alot of '99s have them and some of the lucky '01s do too!

The first picture here is a Teksid, and the second picture is a WAP block!
    Square pattern casting for Teksid, Diamond pattern casting for WAP!

teksid block.jpg #ad

WAP block.jpg #ad

5. TurboShortBus

6. 01cobra

Thanks guys. I was pretty sure thats what I had but wanted independant confirmation. :2thumbs: