1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PIMP XS First Experience

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by nxcoupe, Dec 21, 2019.

1. nxcoupe

So I got the opportunity to tune a pimp xs on a 5.0 with an on3 turbo kit on it. The unit has worked really well but it pales in comparison to the tech support I received from Shannon at Stinger. I purchased licenses for both the tunerstudio and the data log viewing software and it has been a breeze so far. I have to say my holley tuning experience helped me some, but all in all it worked really well. I'm happy with it so far.

87turbonotch likes this.
  2. fastspec2

Thats awesome. I find any of the megasquirt based systems work really well. Also anytime i get to use tunerstudio its like a breath of fresh air compared to alot of the older stand alones as well as any of the factory chipping or flashing setups. I personally have only ever tuned one, not installed it, bought it or had any call for any support so that is good to hear they help out if needed.

3. nxcoupe

I tried to tune one that wasn't a pimp based system before and failed at it, because of zero support. If I ever do any ms based systems in the future it will absolutely be a pimp system due to the support they have in place.