1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

heads

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by jonnyc, Jun 5, 2014.

1. jonnyc

Ok so yall hv helped on everything so far. Yesterday I asked my dyno shop about heads and cams. They didn't really hv any good advice which means ill probably change shops. Lol. I was wanting to kno for my car and its a street car. Should I swap stock heads and cam. Or is it really gone a change much. I am a speed junky so I want every lil bit I can get. Any advice would b appreciated.

2. pavementpounder

You need to give us more info on the engine.
    For a small block/big block with aluminum heads you can raise the compression 1 point over iron heads or raise the boost a cople of psi before detonation.

3. jonnyc

It has FAST 102 mm intake manifold. 102 mm throttle body. Stock heads. Headers. The fuel rails that go with the LSXR intake. 88Mm turbo with 7 lbs of boost. Putting on the miezer electric water pump this wk end and a 25% under drive pulley. Not sure if those ladt two matter or not. Its a 5.7

4. pound4pound

I have to assume this is a ls base motor
    .....we need details on what ever this is ..........stock heads castings 243-241-317 what heads you got .....is the motor stock

You have a 88mm turbo running 7lbs of boost and your ready to drop cash on heads and a cam .......what's your goal if it's power turn up the frekin boost already. If anything a cam and spring swap but heads at this power level at 7 lbs lol

5. DeboDaddy

+1 ^^^

At 7psi you are probably wanting more power. Turn up teh boost, son!

6. jonnyc

Yeah I get that but from everything iv read and correct me if im wrong. The more boost the more chance of blowing the motor so my thoughts were if I could get more power without turning up boost would it b better. And if changing heads and cams would do that with the same boost and less chance of blowing it that was my goal. Id like to hv around 650 to the ground. Right now its 532. Money is not my issue its knowledge as u can tell. And I do drive my cars every day so I need them to b daily drivers. As far as the numbers on the heads ill hv to research it more for u guys its just stock LS1 2000 corvette coupe. I thought they would all hv the same heads but ill c what I can find out.