1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hughes Performance torque converter group purchase

Discussion in 'Sponsors Sales, Feedback, Q&A, and Group Purchases' started by TurboComet, Apr 18, 2019.

1. TurboComet

I'm setting up a group purchase for TTF members. We're willing to offer a special 20% discount on any custom built Pro Series or Pro SSX torque converter if y'all can generate (10) or more converter orders. This group purchase special discount only applies to our Pro Series and Pro SSX converter models.

We have the following Pro Series options:
    • 8-inch (Opel core)
    • 8.5-inch (Jatco core)
    • 9-inch (245mm core)
    • 9.5-inch (Toyota core)
    • 9.5-inch (Nissan core)
    • 10-inch (258mm core)
    • 10.5-inch (265mm core)
    • 11-inch (Nissan core)
    We have the following Pro SSX options:
    • 9.5-inch (Nissan core)
    • 10-inch (258mm core)
    • 10.5-inch (265mm core)
    • 11-inch (Nissan core)
    You can order any of these models in a welded steel model, steel bolt-together model, or half aluminum/half steel bolt-together model.

Build time averages between 2 - 3 business days. Ground shipping will be available at a flat rate of $20.00 per converter within the continental United States. Standard non-discounted shipping rates will apply to any orders shipping outside of the continental United States or in instances where a customer prefers expedited air shipping services.

This group purchase is only available on TTF to members here, so please be sure to comment on this thread if you'd like to get in on this group purchase. I will then contact you via PM (or e-mail if you prefer).

Thanks!!

41-F102SBT.13.JPG #ad
    41-F102SBT.14.JPG #ad
    41-F102SBT.9.JPG #ad
    GM101SMDBT.13.JPG #ad
    GM101SMDBT.14.JPG #ad
    GM101SMDBT.2.JPG #ad
    GM109LM.1.JPG #ad
    GM109LM.7.JPG #ad
    GM109LM.13.JPG #ad
    GM110.1.JPG #ad
    GM110.2.JPG #ad
    LS101SABTMD.5.JPG #ad
    LS101SABTMD.4.JPG #ad

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  2. vinces427bb

i purchased one of these custom units a couple of years ago for my procharged malibu
    i really like it, upload_2019-4-19_9-20-10.png #ad

Disney Lincoln and TurboComet like this.
  3. Pro-SC

Pete,
    I would be interested in a unit for my 1996 f150 5.8 4x4 E4od.
    Just looking for a mild one, slight stall, good mix for towing and street performance so I doubt I need one of the pro units though. Engine is modded with HCI swap and exhaust. Currently 355 gears on a 31 inch tire, looking to change that to 3.73 in the future possibly.
    Mark.

oh crap this is an old thread! Hehehe
    Still would like to get a price.
    Thanks

TurboComet likes this.
  4. Disney Lincoln

Y'all make one for a 6R80?

TurboComet likes this.
  5. TurboComet

Our 46-25L torque converter is a pretty popular piece for HCI 5.8's that will serve dual purpose general street performance & towing. This converter will typically provide around 2,200 - 2,400 RPM of flash stall with an HCI 5.8 in a truck like yours. Thanks to the large diameter of the converter it will still run cool & couple efficiently unlocked, so towing use generally is no issue, either. TTF member price on this unit is $533.58 + shipping.

We also offer an upgraded version under part number 46-25LHD. This converter will provide the same identical performance & overall function as our 46-25L torque converter, but also includes a Sonnax forged steel drive cover as well as a new Sonnax OEM-style 3-disc lock-up clutch assembly. TTF member price on this unit is $801.64 + shipping.

You don't need the 'HD' version for your application. I just thought I'd mention it because some customers simply prefer the upgrade whether needed or not.

Pro-SC likes this.
  6. TurboComet

Sure do. We have billet single disc options using the GM 245mm core, and billet triple disc options using either the Nissan 9.5-inch core or the GM 258mm core.

For 245mm builds we have 5 different pump options with additional impeller fin angle adjustment available as needed on 4 of those 5 pump options, and 5 different cast aluminum stator options with stator machining modifications available as needed on 3 of those 5 stators. All 245mm builds feature our Pro Series sprag.

For Nissan 9.5-inch & 258mm builds we have 5 different pump options with additional impeller fin angle adjustment available as needed on 3 of those 5 pump options. We have 2 different cast aluminum stator options with stator machining modifications available as needed on 1 of those 2 stators. We have 6 different Pro Series CNC-machined billet aluminum stator options with stator machining modifications available as needed on all 6 of those stators. We have 11 different Pro SSX custom fabricated steel stator options from 11 - 21 vane counts and vane angle increments of 0.5-degree from 25 to 55 degrees on all 11 of those stators. The aluminum stator options all feature our Pro Series sprag. The steel stator options all feature a Sonnax 10-strut mechanical diode.

7. Disney Lincoln

Wow. Looked on the website and didn't see anything. Glad I asked you first!

I'm planning on about 1200-1500hp dyno queen. Will be street driven only, no plans for track except (very) occasional blast to see big mph and slow ET. 4,000lb car, 3.27 gear, 347" twin turby. Whatcha thinking?

TurboComet likes this.
  8. Pro-SC

Pete,
    Just wondering if there is a core charge also on this?
    Great price, will order one for sure!

TurboComet likes this.
  9. TurboComet

No core charge. :-D

Pro-SC likes this.
  10. TurboComet

Definitely a Nissan 9.5-inch build for sure.

Pro Series billet triple disc would set you back $1,293.15 plus shipping.

Pro SSX billet triple disc would set you back $2,076.53 plus shipping.

We can also build a bolt-together if you're feeling EXTRA fancy LOL.

Pro SSX would hands-down out-perform Pro Series, but our Pro Series stuff will also hands-down out-perform ANY other comparable 6R80 converter out there as well, so you really don't have any bad options.

11. Pro-SC

I am ready to order Pete.
    Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Mark.

12. TurboComet

Shoot me an e-mail at:
    This content is protected

I'll get you all set up.

Pro-SC likes this.