1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Dan Rawls.......help me out here.

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Brent Davis, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Brent Davis

Dan,

I get PM's out the yin yang about "Is your motor really a 302" or "you can be honest with me" or "no way, I've got a friend with a 408 and had 25 psi of boost and only makes 830 RWHP" and just more blah, blah, blah.

Will you even tell me what size is my 302:rofl:

Dan what is the crank stroke, rod length, piston size, block bore and all that. Of course I know what it is, but I guess some ppl may believe that it is a 302 if you, the engine block builder will say what it is.

Thanks.

2. Turbod_86_stang

I dunno what the big deal is, it's funny how people equate more cubes automatically into more HP when there are so many other variables that goin into getting the number, especially with a turbo car. Even if your car was a 347 they would still complain because you have over 300 more(RWHP) than then when they have 60 cubes on you.... Either they believe you or they don't, if your engine builder says it's 302 than they will say he lies. Which brings me to one of my favorite lines, arguing on the internet is like being in special olympics, even if you win you still lose....

3. RI85GT

I am keeping my A4 302 block Standard bore :shrug:

4. pro tech engines

Enigne size

Brent your block is a 4.00 bore with a 3.00 stroke the rod is 5.400 thats the bottom line. also I agree with stang 86 about arguing on the internet, also my dad always said you can`t argue with ignorance! Dan

5. pro tech engines

Engine

Hey Brent tell your friend may he needs a better engine builder! Also if its efi tell him to take that junk off there. Dan

6. SWT Racing

Come clean Brent, it's really a 632" BBC! :rofl:

Maybe the doubters will learn not to build 400" engines with a small 4.000" bore for a turbo engine. :D

7. Brent Davis

Yeah Andrew, that's what it is a BB Toyota ;)

8. SWT Racing

So are you runnin' the Dart Big Chief or 18° Conventional heads on that monster? :rolleyes:

9. ricky

man,thats a hemi you got there,just look at the plugs..

10. MUSTANG B

Brent!..I'm always getting Emails and Pm's about what all I did to My 302 Junker's and that there is no way I'm Running 6.19 and Faster with Stock Cam and Stock E7's..Makes me want too Reach through this Computer Screen and Pop Someone with a Fly Swatter!.... What do you Do or Say to People who have more/Spend more/And run less Times or H.POWER?

Shoot..I've gained almost 5 tenths on Trial and Error Tuning in a Years Time!:D

11. 302tt

I believe its a 302...

But you converted it to two stroke didnt you ?

:D

12. droptop1320

I believe you. 32 lbs of boost on a well thought out motor combination will go a long way!!!!!! :D

13. braxton357

Truthfully, I don't believe you. Give it to me so that I may test it myself. I'll be up there sunday to pick it up.

:D

14. Brent Davis

LOL. I like that.

I figured that if a smaller cubed Supra and Buick motors can make great power, why do I need a bigger cubed motor other than a 302 to make good power. As Darren said, pack the boost to it and plan a decent engine foundation and it'll make the power. I wanna guess that my motor alone will probably make about 350-375 RWHP max............add that 32 psi of intercooled boost and presto. I didn't buy the turbo for the motor to make all the power and the turbo just add 200 HP;)

Billy, I hear you man. You've done a awesome job for a stock block and heads and cam. That is simply amazing but as you also mentioned, you kept dropping ET by testing and tuning. I plan to make some 1/4 blasts as soon as I get a new anti-roll bar installed and new slicks/wheels. Although I may make a maiden voyage with the 325 BFG drag radials just to get some type of feel going down the track. It's been about a year.

15. MUSTANG B

Thanks Brent! You've gotta lot a Room to Play with yours yet!

Test/Tune...Trial/Error Baby!..:tu:

P.S. And a lot of Patience.....:p

16. My91HotRod

You wanna' know how it feel's huh , It's a warm sensation ! ASK ME.

17. droptop1320

That sounds like my plan. But that's the way it goes with pump gas :D

And I know what you mean about not being at the track in a while. I have just ran my 302 on street tires lately, it's been over a year since I was on the track with any power and sticky tires. I cant wait!!!

18. Erik88GT

Didn't Lee Howie's black LX make like 1700hp with a 302? That was at least a couple years ago... It's possible people. :tard: Definitely not easy, though.

19. 90lx5.0

I think it was a 306 but really what's the difference. I think its cool as hell you are making good power with the 302 Brent. Don't listen to the haters.

20. blownvn

those four cubic inches make all the difference :D ;)