1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help finding a tuner

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbodroptop03, Oct 12, 2007.

1. turbodroptop03

I have a 2003 mustang GT convertible with a T76 turbo (Tial 44mm wastegate, raptor bov) and a 3 core procharger intercooler. The main problem I'm having is longevity. The motor has popped twice under 12psi of boost and has been built by two different shops. The first time it lifted a ring land on my first day of driving and the problem was blamed on poor quality pistons from probe (SCT tune). The second time it melted 5 pistons (JE) in the first week of driving and destroyed the heads and valves, once again at 12psi (diablo tune). The engine has been built by two different shops and tuned by two different locations, most recently Houston Performance. On its third rebuild, I'm just looking for a reputable place to tune my car for 12-15psi of safe boost. On the last tune the car made 563 whp and 603 ft/lbs @ 12psi. I will include below some of the vital components of the car. thanks for any info.

Holley 50lb injectors
    aeromotive fuel rails w/ 1/2 inch lines
    twin svt focus pumps
    pro products intake manifold
    patriot performance stage 3 heads
    XE270AH comp cams
    JE pistons
    Manley rods
    Cobra crankshaft
    billet oil pump
    twin disc McLeod clutch w/aluminum flywheel option
    tremec tko 600
    snow MAF kit
    Greddy boost controller w/ turbo timer
    3" exhaust w/ 4" down pipe
    pro-m univert blow through MAF

2. turbodroptop03

sorry, shoulda mentioned i live in Lousiana, so looking for someone in the area, TX, LA, MS, etc.