1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How much power on 4.6 2V with stock heads and forged bottom end with 7875

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by stlhrse, Mar 31, 2015.

1. stlhrse

I'm considering the On3 performance 7875 kit, and I'm concerned about how fast it will spool, and how much power at the wheels it will make. It's a journal bearing, and I know not everyone is a fan of On3, but it fits in my budget to get my car back on the road. I'm shooting for 750 - 800 hp.

Doug

2. 99TTGT

with a forge built short block,ported heads,turbo cams & a good ported intake ( like a bullit intake or equivalente)
    700's plus is possible...

BTW
    always remember horse power numbers don't mean anything,
    the torque under the curve is what is all about.!

untitled.jpg #ad

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  3. stlhrse

very true. I'm not shooting for a big peak number for bragging. I just want (like you said) a broad torque that gets me somewhere around 700 to 750 torque peak.

Actually, I was thinking of using an Edelbrock single plane for the mod motor, and stock heads for now, with trurbo cams from MMR or something. I am just worried that having the single 7875 on it will cause it to be a dog down low, until it really spools up. I've built alot of pushrod engines, but never modulars, and never done anything with turbos either. I want to learn what things work on turbo's motor and what to stay away from.

Thanks for your help
    Doug

4. 99TTGT

with a auto,it will spool faster.

Also the carb style lower intake have the same issue as in the push rod motors.

5. stlhrse

So if I am not able to find a Bullitt intake for a price I can afford , would the stock intake be better for torque than the single plane Victor? I already have a Dragon upper plenum and 75mm throttle body. I would expect for a turbo car, it would be better to spend the money on turbo specific cams than an intake. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help,
    Doug

6. Jeremy

The stock 2v composite manifold pops at around 15psi or so. My buddies popped at 12 psi he blew out the bottom back by the firewall, and they went to the Victor.