1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how to wire a 32vmod motor in a fox??

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by platedturbonotch, Nov 11, 2007.

1. platedturbonotch

can someone fill me in on whats all invloved with wiring up a 32v 5.4 or 32v 4.6 into a foxbody? i believe there the same firing order? any info would be very nice of you all :angel: i'm ready to do this :chacha: i'd rather not use a standalone,something i could pull from a donor??

2. gryphon68

You either need to splice a 32V PCM into the Fox Harness (not easy), or do a dizzy conversion (not cheap) on the Mod Motor and use a Fox TFI style distributor, then its just a matter of extend to reach using the Fox EEC.

3. MustangMitch

Your best bet is to get the complete wiring harness out of a 32v. It will save you tons of headaches.

4. DIL

I have made up 2 4v set ups with the dizzy from a 5.0.I like the look of the stock looking set up I guess.The set up I have now is an 03 Mach PCM with a made up harness to connect the 88 fox to the 4V engine.I will keep use an 04 cobra cluster.Tuning will be done with a Tweecer.
    If wiring is not you thing go with a harness as Mitch suggested from Painless or the detail zone.
    Good luck

5. sprayed_pony

MSD 6011 w/ their FI harness

6. autosay97

You still have to have a COP 4v harness, the 6011 is more like an add on.

7. JimVT

Use a BS3 Mod Motor COP set-up. Plug and play........

8. sprayed_pony

the 6011 comes with the harness to plug directly into the coils. And they have a separate harness they sell for fuel injection. It's a very very neat set up. Not sure why a lot of people arent using them.

9. yan88gt

And it work with the 5.0 electronics?

10. sprayed_pony

you don't need any 5.0 electronics, just the MSD set-up. There is a hook up for a 2-step and a tach driver also.

11. yan88gt

12. yan88gt

I have an SDS injection for a 5.0 and it's the older version so i cannot update it for COP 4V. But i ask Shannon @ western motorsport if i could keep the 5.0 wiring harness with the SDS and use the msd 6011 to control timing and he said that it will work :chacha: :chacha:

13. sprayed_pony

I think I get what you were asking, you were wanting to know if you could just use the 6011 as timing control ONLY? If so yes and have a separate stand-alone for fuel.

14. yan88gt

He wrote that i would only need a tach signal to the computer. I think it's the Pin# 56 on the 5.0 wiring (ignition pick-up)

15. autosay97

Because it is an add on like I said, you still have to have a factory 4v cop harness. The fuel injection harness you are talking about allows the 6011 to be used with the factory 4v cop harness. In other words its an add on, not a fuel injection control system. It only handles timing.

http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/6011_frm27776.pdf

16. rxracer

on my carb setup, it came with the harness that plugs into the coils. the efi harness isnt a coil harness. its just a jumper harness that plugs into the stock harness. you can do a search for part #88814 for a pic.

17. sprayed_pony

look more into it :D

it comes with the harness to plug directly into your COP's you DO NOT need a stock harness to make it work. I have them, I stock them I have used them. I know.

There IS a separate addition you could get for this to run fuel injection. however the 6011 BY ITSELF does only control timing as it was designed for those who'd like to use it to run a carburetor on their 2v or 4v powered vehicles. :2thumbs:

18. autosay97

I misunderstood you then, you made it sound to me like the 6011 with an msd fuel injection harness could control fuel and timing independently without the use of a factory ecu. I know it works fine on a carb car for timing alone, we have one right here LOL! The msd 6011 will not control any type of fuel delivery with any msd harness, I thought you were saying it will control fuel with the correct msd harness.