1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

anyone ever used the ISKY red zone lifters or Crower lifters solid roller setup

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by ralphiejantz, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ralphiejantz

Im switching over to a dart block based motor, and I want to swap over from the hyd roller cam to a solid roller cam, while everything is apart,
    Im debating on whether I should go with the ISKY red zone lifters part #3972rh
    or the Crower lifters 66215-16,
    Ive heard great things about both of them,
    not sure on what I should go with,
    the motor will be hopefully be making around 1500hp, not really looking at going with an RPM over 7,000
    just looking for some suggestions

2. 90F1R

i've used both.. never had issues. my old 317 had the crower brand & was reved to 8300 & using 320 on the seat (spring pressure).. My new setup, 363, has the isky red zone & have been to 8800 & have 425 on the seat.

Either one will work good.

3. BlackMagic94

Can you run a solid lifter on a hydro cam, someone at Comp told me I could at SEMA, and that sounded strange.

4. Brian Adams

We've used both the Crowers and the Isky Redlines with great success - You won't go wrong either way IMO.