1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Question bout Bogart's (drag wheels) on the street...

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Turbo306, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Turbo306

I am switching up my wheel combo and was curious how many of you drive your Bogarts, Holeshots etc. on the street... I am looking at the Bogart d'10s or the Holeshot stars... I currently have a set of Weld Pro stars and drive the shit out of them... (weekend warrior about 100 miles a week give or take)... I just want to here how many of you drive them and how far?...

2. 86svo

I have a set of classic stars and have driven them on the street on a few occasions,went fine for me,but don't hit a pot hole.

Tim

3. white00gt

Welds I'm fine with riding around on. My bogarts. they are just too light and pretty and cost too much for me to go on the street and warp them up.

4. kevin87turbot

I drive my Buick with the Bogart Drag On Stars on the street. I would recommend that you avoid pot holes though.

5. eades5.0

I run the D10s on my 95'

I drive it carefully on the street

6. Ackbar00

My Brothers Bogarts did fine for about 4 years on the street. Then one day just crusing, the rim litterly broke in half.....

7. Turbo306

Holy shit!... just split?...

8. Ackbar00

Pretty much, broke and the tire went flat in about 4 seconds. Good thing he was not racing when it happened.

9. nuckifuts

I have Holeshot Sunstars (fucking sexy) on my car and i drive it on the street alot. I do drive like an old lady though (not because of the wheels, im just getting old).

One thing about Holeshots (i am not sure about Bogarts) is you are going to have to run spacers(or have them welded on at Holeshot) if your brakes stick out past the mounting flange. the back of the wheel is COMPLETELY FLAT, no 'pitchers mound' where the back of the wheel goes against the rotor/drum.

i reccomend this place as they are both hubcentric and lugcentric spacers so they dont fuck up the balance of the wheel.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...rkparms=algo=CRX&its=S%2BI&itu=UCI%2BSI&otn=3

10. nuckifuts

11. 98z

I have bogart welded R/Ts on my camaro and drive it everywhere, I think as long as you stay with the billet ones you will be alright.

12. GTTURBO88

Im the brother he was talking about. I was driving to the track, got off an exit ramp to get some gas, and the tire went flat. Upon further investigation the drivers side front had a one foot split in it. I dont recall hitting any potholes but obviously something happened. I love my Bogarts, but am considering getting some Welds for the front. If you do as much street driving as you say you might want to stick with what you got. Good luck.

13. Bring It

Just put my D10's on my 92' LX. One reason I chose the D10's was because of the thickness. I think alot of the reason Bogart says no street use is because they dont want to go thru all the b/s it takes to get a wheel approved. Money mite also play a part in that.

14. bentley429

I just put d10's on my car also, so far so good just have to be careful.

15. GTTURBO88

I realized I didnt specify which Bogart I was running when it broke. I run the Drag On Star III. Im not sure how it compares in thickness to the D10, but I beleive its similar. Good luck.

16. NVR_ENUF_PSI

I ran Monocoque MD5 s on the front of my street car for 2 1/2 years. I am sure I hit my fair share of obsitcles in/on the road. The guy I traded them to had M/T front runners mounted. When they balanced them they required a whopping 0 oz. :shock: I guess I got lucky.

17. kevin87turbot

I just wanted to bump this one back to the top. I was driving my hot rod Monday night and one of my Bogarts split down the weld with a loud pop! Just like GTTurbo88, these are the Drag-On Stars. Be careful if you're driving these on the street!
    [​IMG]#ad

18. Anthony

better pics of the wheel off the car please.

19. 10secgoal

Wow I always thought they said not to us eon the the street for any skinny for fear of tacoing it or a pothole. Not spontaneous disintegration.

20. furchaser

Cornering at speed puts allot more force on the wheel than you would think ... metal fatigue.