1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How fast with spare parts?

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by flyinhillbilly, Jan 15, 2015.

1. flyinhillbilly

I've been gone for a while, but I'm back from the dead. Some of you may remember my 83 Grand Prix true radial car. I had wife problems in 2008 and am just now getting back to the car. I was moving in with my girlfriend recently and discovered that I had an S475, Mexican 4 bolt block, a fresh set of ported 041's, crappy old torker intake, most of a 650DP, some shorty headers, and some leftovers from a turbo Monte Carlo that I parted out a couple of years ago, so I decided to put all this crap together to see how fast I can go with it ( and most likely oil down the track again.) I'll post pics and progress here for some cheap amusement. I hope you enjoy another flyinhillbilly smoke 'Em if you got 'em thread.

2. flyinhillbilly

image.jpg #ad

How it used to look.

image.jpg #ad

3. flyinhillbilly

image.jpg #ad
    The new time bomb

image.jpg #ad

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  4. flyinhillbilly

image.jpg #ad

Slightly modified shorty header.

image.jpg #ad

5. flyinhillbilly

image.jpg #ad

Crossover made from used crap

image.jpg #ad

6. M&M Turbochargers

whats the air compressor set up on top of the carb do ??? lol :biggrin-new:

7. flyinhillbilly

that's actually the drive for my lathe, it does all kinds of neat stuff ;)

8. buwagone

Turbo SBC in a G-body? Why yes, I'll subscribe and watch and take notes. I like your crossover pipe but will it clear the crossmember?

9. flyinhillbilly

My grinder and welder says it will ;) I converted it to mustang 2 rack and pinion years ago, so the steering shaft is at a funky angle so headers have always been a P.I.T.A anyway. I'm also setting the engine back quite a bit, so that should help too.

10. flyinhillbilly

11. flyinhillbilly

http://youtu.be/p6ohUr8lgoM
    The O.G. Spare parts build. I talked some shit on the internet and got called out on it, so I threw this together in four days to back up my mouth. I was actually undefeated in Heads up true radial racing with this setup in 2007.

12. Twin Turbo Skylark

Hell yeah! I love it!

13. Drac0nic

my goodness I'm looking forwards to this!

14. BDR

Looking forward to more updates...

15. jemachine

Fun times , good old fashioned gen one technology. I like those builds, keep up the progress :thumbsup:

16. flyinhillbilly

image.jpg #ad
    image.jpg #ad

Tore down my $75 engine. Got a cheap re ring kit and a newer more betterer cam on the way.everything pretty we'll looks good to go so I'm going to hit it with the hillbilly hot tank (pressure washer) and put it together.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

17. flyinhillbilly

Pic didn't work, trying again below.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  18. flyinhillbilly

Pic didn't work, trying again below

19. flyinhillbilly

Pic didn't work, trying again below.

20. Twin Turbo Skylark

I cant see the last two pics for some reason but I look forward to the updates!