1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BOOST CONTROLLER question!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by dirtybird91, Feb 9, 2010.

1. dirtybird91

What types of Boost controllers are you guys using??? I need to pick a good one for my TT MUSTANG GT Build....

Frank B. :huh:

2. Will Evers

I used that cheap ass turbonetics regulator knob down to the 8.40 area. I have the MSD 7562 now.

3. stangfireman

Depends what type of controller you are looking for and how much you want to spend. You can get the knob type that you set to your desired boost. Or you can get electronic that can control launch boost and applying it as you go. My boost controller, MSBC-1 also states this, The MSBC can only cause the engine to build boost within the operating envelope of your turbocharger/waste gate system.
    AMS seems to be the going controller and I seen a thread on the forums about a new controller that's suppose to be pretty good.

4. myfast70

No real difference between the MSBC-1 & AMS-1000. The biggest difference is the obvious, the diplay. Other than that they really do the same exact thing. A lot of locals, my self included run the MSBC-1 without any problems. I guess if you can visualize a graph in your head, save the money go MSBC-1

5. vader_turbo

none, just the spring. For a street car, I like the turbosmart unit, bit pricey though. For a race car, nlr.

6. draggsxr1000

this is a total lie. There is so much difference between the ams and the msbc. As ive owned both. For one u get Seb hands down the best in the business. Second just a display. Have u even looked at what it can do. U gotta be kidding me. You have 6 total stages of boost. U can go up or down. Ramp at whatever rate u want. Yet thats right u can go from 0 to 40 in 6 sec or 1. U decide. But yes ultimately your bound to your turbo setup. ive used the ams for three years now. I refuse to go back. FYI look at what all your big 10.5 teams use. When u want to controll your power the ams is hands down the best. :doh:

7. dirtybird91

Cool guys! Thanks! :bow:

8. sickpuppy

i use the HKS EVC-S so does a buddy of mine. no troubles. hes doing a steady 576 to the wheels and holds a solid 14psi with it.

9. 10secgoal

Holy shit that was a bad post. Really guy ?

10. Control Freak

LOL!!!! OMG I have to clean the coffee off the computer now hahahah :ahah: