1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Looking for info on Intercooler Sprayers

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by eades5.0, Feb 9, 2010.

1. eades5.0

I did a search and it came up with limited results so I fig'd I'd post.

I almost bit the bullet and did a a/w cooler but funds won't permit that right now. I am only trying to go 9.11 so I don't think all this is nessacary but may help a few tenths. I also run a yearly car show so having a bottle in the back would add to the cool factor.

Car is a 95gt, 331, GT88 and I currently run the large VS Racing air to air (34x12x4 if i recall)

I have seen cars on here go faster than my goal with just this intercooler. I was unable to find much feedback just wondering how these setups have helped.

Thanks

-Chris

2. Zacharyx

Best use of the intercooler spray bar is to help with the heat soak after the burn out, after that gains are very minimal

3. Kerrdogg

We have gone 9.70's @ 152 mph with that same size intercooler, 4v mod motor, twin 60's, full weight + car on e85.

Spraying a small shot of Meth will do more than you'll ever imagine vs hosing down the outside of the intercooler with C02, ect.