1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Which cam would you use between these 2

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Shadyzealot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Shadyzealot

Putting together a 347 build and have 2 cams currently. Keep going back and fourth on which one to use.

Details on the build.. 347, 9.3 CR, Dart block, AFR 185 renegade heads, trick flow box R, on 3 kit with 78mm

First cam is just a F303 with 1.7s 226/226 544/544 114 LSA

Also have a custom cam that was specd for a turbo 347 but bigger turbo/heads. Specs on that are 234/228 558/569 115.1 LSA

You guys think that custom would work better in the setup than the F cam? Was hoping for 650 rwhp through a C4 with 15lbs with the F cam. Just know i can get away with a little bit less spring pressure and cheaper lifters with the F cam. Dont mind spending the money on the better valve train to run the custom cam if i get some feedback that the custom cam will in fact work better.

No street time, just a track car. Dont want to go crazy with the RPMS, plan to shift it by 6500

2. Shadyzealot

camcardtubro347.jpg #ad

Rest of cam info of custom cam

camcardtubro347.jpg #ad

3. Disney Lincoln

I don't htink either one would hold you back from hitting your HP goal. The turbo and kit might.