1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How do you set/adjust the boost on the Hellion kit?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Jason G, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Jason G

Just like the title says. I have the 62mm kit for my 91 coupe. I do not have a boost controller. How do you set/adjust the boost on this kit. What is it set at out of the box? Any input is welcome. Thanks.

2. stanggod

boost controller or a stiffer spring in the wastegate.

3. white95v6

the kits come with a 9psi spring in them. the wastegate intructions tell you what spring is what. and they tell you how to hook a boost controller.

4. Jason G

sounds good. Thanks for the input.

5. Power Adder Solutions Inc.

I have played with the shims that come with the Evolution, I would get a nice Manual BC and leave the WG alone, I bought a hallman for $100 and well worth it.

http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php

6. Jason G

FoxBodyMan, which controller did you buy on that website and are you able to control it from inside the car?

7. ctozzi

i have this on my 92 with a hellion kit. i went from 7 PSI to 9 PSI in about 2 minutes with a few turns of the knob. it is very cheap, easy to install, and comes in 3 days. I called john @ hellion and asked how to make more boost about 2 months ago after my kit was putting out 7 pounds and he said to mess with the shims in the wastegate, or get a manual boost controller. Hope it helps post some pictures of your ride, we have the same setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vood...018QQitemZ280042136923QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

8. 91Trunkster

I put all the shims in my wastegate and get 11 pounds, also Green62mm is that a Vortech Radiator Pipe for a SC, I like it and if not where did you get it?

9. Jason G

I think I will go with a boost controller......and yes, when I am finally done with the car, I will post some pictures. Right now, I am dealing with how I am going to run my accessories.

10. ctozzi