1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boost Too High ?????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbocrazed, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Turbocrazed

I just got back from driving the car and i got on it pretty hard. The boost guage only reads 20psi and it flew off the guage. I want to know if you have a electronic boost controller hooked up but not turned on if it can do that. I have everything else hooked up right and the wastegates are adjusted all the way out. On the old mator a 306 w/ hci and the 44's on it made a minimum of 15 psi. Will these 70's make that much more boost or is something wrong? I cant imagine have a minumum of 25psi with these things. I only have cartech's equal to a deltagate do i need racegates? This thing is wicked fast cant stay in boost more than a second or two. anymore and your off the road sideways. Cant wait to get this thing tuned. Just want to work any major bugs out now and not on the $120 per hour dyno if you know what i mean. Paul

2. WaterPog

I would imagine that the solinoid for the boost controller is normally closed (although that would be less engine-safe) so yea it probably would do what you're describing. Try taking the solinoid out of the loop and see how it behaves.

3. Brian

Wow I wish I had your problem," cant stay in the boost for more than a second".:rockon:

4. one loud 5.0

I have the same problem with the deltagates. My lowest boost is 22 psi with the gate wide open. A pair of 60mm gates will solve your problem.

btw, your car looks great :)