1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How do you adjust the wastegate rods on a Incon kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by David735, Jul 2, 2003.

1. David735

can someone explain the easiest way to do this. Im wanting to lower the boost, to do this I would lengthen the rod. Do the cowter pins have to come out of the wastegate lever to do this?. Then there's the passenger side that you cant even get to, what the easiest way to adjust that side. Last of all how do you adjust them to both open at the same time?

Thanks

David

2. UnderDog

Yes, lengthen the actuator rods to lower boost. The easiest way I know of to get them to open the same is to get a regulated air press. source with a gauge and see where they start to open. The drivers side is the only side you need to take the arm off of, the passenger side has left handed threads on one side so you can change the rod length to match the driv. side . Also, because of the double threaded rod the pass. side only has to turn half as much as the driv. side. for the same adj.

If you don't have an air source you'll have to adj. them by lining up the actuator arm hole with the pin on the wastegate arm. (half hole, etc.)

I wanted a minimum boost setting also. Initially, I set them so the actuator was holding just enough tension to hold the wastegate shut, this gave me 5lbs. boost , right now they're set at about half a hole and I'm seeing about 7-7.5lbs. This is on a 302 w/E7 heads.

3. stanggod

What if you dont have a regulated source. Whats the best way to adjust them?