1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how do u guys like the demon blow through carbs?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mmelnyk66, Jun 23, 2009.

1. mmelnyk66

im almost at the point on my build to buy a carb, its going an a mild 302 ford with a turbo. i dont really have mony to dump on a $1000 plus carb thats custom made and a demon is more in my range for my money. i just wanted to know how they run out the box. And if your not happy with a demon let me know what other brands are good.

2. brianj5600

3. 86lxnotch

depends on how good you are with a carb.....only real issue i had was a few shavings in it from the factory. other have had worse issues and there are slowly getting to be more and more people making them work. just takes a little patience imo

4. louich

patience, parts and jb weld :):):)

5. mmelnyk66

what about quick fuel carbs? anyone mess with them?

6. TexasTwins

Most people will tell you to get a CSU or C&S

7. 82 rustang

I am in the mist of trying a Quick fuel it seems okay . Only had her running for a couple of days at low boost but great craftsmanship on the piece itself.

8. mmelnyk66

let me know how u like it

9. turbo iroc

im running the qft750ban and im very pleased. it was a little rich out of the box for cruising so i tuned it up a little. i changed the pvcrs and hsabs and its performing beautifully. not to mention its a good looking light weight and reasonably priced at 700 even. ive seen the qft support 779 rwhp on a twin turbo lq9 and has seen 530 rwhp on my single turbo 383sbc. these were both at 10psi boost. also on a 434 sbc twin turbo 727hp at 20psi. theyve proven to me thatthese carbs work. period. i dont care what people say. its clear to me that they work with higher boost applications as well. on the 434 motor all he did was increase the main jets a few sizes. the tunability these carbs offer is awesome everythings adjustable on them. i highly recommen these carbs theyre awesome!