1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How do I calculate extra injector size?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by rubbersdown, Apr 13, 2013.

1. rubbersdown

I am building a turbo cbr954rr right now and am planning to add 4 extra injectors but I am not sure how to calculate their size.
    The bike stock is about 130rwhp and I am shooting for around 200rwhp, Stock injectors are around 270cc I believe. The plan at the moment is to keep the stock injectors and add 4 extras and use an 034 fuel controller. Just need to figure out what size extra injectors I need.

2. xr8tt

you want to nearly double the power level ??
    Double up on the std injectors ??

3. Mnlx

There are online calculators that work well for this. You'd need to know fwhp goal, bsfc, and base fuel pressure. Calculate lb/hr, or cc needed for hp goal, subtract your current injectors, and divide the remainder by 4. Here is a link to a calculator. http://witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php

Edit... I used 250 fwhp goal, .6 bsfc, 43.5 psi base, and 270cc stock injectors, and came up with 4 222cc injectors at 80% dc to reach your goal.

4. rubbersdown

Awesome, thanks guys. Thats just the info I was looking for.