1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how bad is my drag setup? pic inside

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by zooq, Dec 31, 2009.

1. zooq

Hi,
    What do i need to improve my 60' ? I don't know much about suspension and I'm hoping that you guys can point me to the right direction. I'm not expert but i think something is wrong with the way my car launches.
    my setup is:
    6 point roll bar
    eibach drag springs cut 1 inch
    70/30 front 50/50 rear.
    rear upper and lower control arms (i don't remember the brand but i think they are lakewoods) i bought them 7 years ago. they are red if that helps :D
    tire pressure 11.5 rear, 35 front.
    i launch with about 5-6 psi of boost and the 2 step is set at 3200.

on this pass i did a 1.47 60'

[​IMG]#ad

2. cadillac adam

I am certainly not an expert at drag suspension but judging by the picture a good anti roll bar in the rear would help big time.

3. turbofreek

I can't see pis,cuz I'm on my phone. If its the twisting commonly seen in stangs? Many run an airbag on one side or an anti-roll bar is needed if stiffining the chassis won't help. 1.47 60ft is not bad though

4. tbird

x2 on the anti roll bar. Also some more cage to stiffen the chassis. OH and also sub frame connectors.

5. zooq

i have welded sub frame connectors.
    what freaked me out the most in the pic is the rear driver side tire, it seems pushed too far outside the fender.

6. LowBoostinT76

Holly crap that sucker is twistin!
    Anti roll bar!

7. Bbarsh

My old car did the same thing when I first started racing it. An anti-roll bar will fix that.

8. 86lxnotch

nother vote for a ARB to start

9. zooq

Thanks guys, i really appreciate it.
    I just ordered a competition engineering anti roll bar. it should be here next week.

10. Bbarsh

Cancel your order if you can. I have heard people having trouble with the ends not staying tight on the bar. Team Z is the real deal get a bar from them and you will never have to worry about it.

11. Gearhead559

cancel it..those suck..the center tube is hoolow, and the bolt twist thru it

12. 90lxrider

CANCEL THAT.....big mistake u made by ordering comp eng., order team Z ......the GOD of SUSPENION

13. zooq

Cancelled :D

I'll call Team Z on monday, I sure hope they have it in stock. I need it for a race in 2 weeks.

14. TeamZmotorsports

yes we have them in stock!

15. wldhrse

this was great advice. I started out with the C.E. (I have a big boy ARB now) my car at launch didn't look much better than the car in question here.

16. zooq

I'm about to order the ARB from TeamZ. But should i remove the air bag in the right spring?

17. ShaneH

Yes, remove it.

18. Tgbstang90

You also need to check your torque boxes, with the way that the rear end is moving from side to side I wonder if there is something under there that is flexing to much. Weld them up at least or if they are shot then order some new reinforcements. They made a noticable difference in my car big time!