1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

hot start problem

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mikeg, Aug 19, 2013.

1. mikeg

I need some help. I have tried everything i can think of. I have a 95must gt with r331 /tea205 heads/ track heat intake/ fcam/ a1000 fuel system/ pih running a9l computer/ 50lb injectors with blow tru pro-m protube/ msd 6al with btm/ 76mm master power turbo. when cold car starts easily and runs great. once up to operating temp the car continues to run great however when turned off it will not restart. I turns over easily. It just does not start. It has fuel pressure and fire at the coil and wires. I have changed distributor/ coil/ and bypassed msd with no change in problem. After car sits for approx 30minutes it starts like normal. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Matt Cramer

Do you have any ability to get into the A9L's tune and change its hot start settings?

3. mikeg

I don't have any way to adjust. It had been working fine. Just started the other day

4. Matt Cramer

Any issues with the coolant or air temperature sensors?

5. Drac0nic

Can you get feedback from the ECU? I'm wondering if you see it cranking at all. If you have someone crank when hot do the injectors cycle at all? Stick your hand on them if they're accessible you should feel them pulsing. Count your fingers when you're done.

6. mikeg

i can't check the injectors. i believe the distributor signals the ecm to fire injectors and I've tried a different distributor with no change. i want to get a ms pnp for car but i want to get this issue fixed first as i do not think it is something i can tune out. i have ran this car like this for years and this just started. something has to be wrong somewhere. it also has a new temp sensor.

7. madspeed

noid light wont work for injector test or you havent tried?

8. mikeg

fails noid test hot. what can cause that? i've changed everything i can think of. computer, distributor, tfi

9. mikeg

changed tps to fix problem

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Thanks for updating.

11. Disney Lincoln

I'm kinda surprised you don't have more of a hot start issue with those 50# and stock ECU and no tuner. I would generally have to trim startup fuel by about 60% to start a 50# with any repeatability.

12. furchaser

You guys are way to smart , I would have figured a leaky fpr that was bleeding back into vacuum line filling it full of fuel until pressure blead down.. nice work.

13. Drac0nic

Seen that, my personal fav is actually the classic "vacuum modulator leak."

14. mikeg

just ordered mspnp gen2. woohoo