1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hoosier DBR's 28x9 Air Pressure tuning weirdness?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by rel3rd, Nov 2, 2021.

1. rel3rd

Running a pair of these on my car, and they have been less than stellar in the traction department. Previously had 275/60R15 ET Street R's, which seemed to work a lot better, and worked best for me at 20psi. Only got the Hoosiers because when I needed them, it was all I could find...anyway

28x9 on a 15x10
    Car weighs a touch over 4000# with me in it. Have tried 18-22# and literally can't use transbrake, which obviously sucks with a turbo car.

At 20#, they (on burnout video), look like they are OVERinflated because only the center 6 inches or so is getting warmed up/starting to smoke.
    But...on street, at same 20#, a quick transbrake "launch", look like they're UNDERinflated, and leaves only outer edge rubber marks?
    Obviously, they can't be both, lol.

Which one do I believe?

Anyone else here, at 4000# race weight, running the Hoosier DBR'S?
    If so, what air pressure are you running?

Their sidewalls are soft like a bias ply slick, but they are radials, so can't get a definitive answer regarding pressure recommendations on Hoosier webpages...

Car has been 9.69@146 footbraking from 1500rpm or so, and sixty footing in the low 1.7's, which is, well, sad and slow, lol. Car's best ever sixty foot, is a 1.42, with nitrous combo it used to have.

Pic's show left and right tire mark, on test mini transbrake launch. Car has a spool.

Video shows what happened trying to launch at 3000rpm/4# boost, tires at 18#

I'm wondering if I simply screwed up by trying to run a soft sidewall tire, on a 4000# car?

My bone jarring, tire, hatch, bumper cover shake video and slo-mo are at about 3:30 into the video.
    You can clearly see the shake marks on the ground, in the slo-mo shot...
    2nd, footbraked video, about 5:35 in

bo1.jpg bo2.jpg

2. rel3rd

Well, probably last pass of the year...new best, barely, lol...

[email protected]
    with a "stellar" 1.78 sixty foot... :(

Did do a small power wheelie about 80 feet out...but it'd be nice to hook with the transbrake...

Maybe next year? ;)

9.68timeslip.jpg

Disney Lincoln likes this.