1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

s10 build. twin turbo,

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by bradw18, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bradw18

im wanting to build a streetable 750 hp motor. i dont want to have to have 13:1 compression so iv been looking into turbos and have decided to go with twin turbos. been doin a alot of reading and taking to a few people on here and i was going to buy a kit of ebay but i heard the t3t4 turbos are JUNK. so im not going with them. the motor im using is a 010 stock gm block with sportmen 2 heads 64cc chambers. carillo rods with 1/2 rod bolts that are spf. i got a forged steel crank. i dont have pistions or rings yeat or anything like that.

2. slow8.0

You could do the budget dished TRW pistons with total seal rings. Stay way from the Ebay junk turbos. Try a set of Holset hx35's or something. I have a sweet set of headers for you. :D

3. turbo-six

sounds like a cool project

4. TURBO5.3S10

I was going to do twins on my s10 but decided to go single . I would love to see build pics .. :chacha:

5. turbo-six

i'll be interested to see how you mount them. i'm switching from a single to twins in my s10, not a sbc though

6. bradw18

i just sold my old motor out of my s10 and my foxbody is going to be for sale tomorrow on ebay any body wanna buy it lol. foxbody 5.0 6 point roll cage manual valvebody transmission. gt body kit. so im hopin to have about 5 grand for this build. wat will be the best kind of pistions for my truck. watabout cam also. roller or hydrolic or solid? will have pics soon. i have to find some way to shirk the pics or ill put them all on photobucket were everybody can see and post the link.

7. bradw18

What kind of carb do yall suggest for my project. im going to need a blow through right? what all will i need to buy for twin turbos. i want to be able to adjust the psi anytime i want do they make anykind of controller for that? sorry for the ignorance like iv said i havnt ever messed with turbos iv read the turbo bible and all the other info so im startin to learn bout them

8. turbo-six

i'm not to familiar with blow throughs, but try typing "csu" in a search, or "blow through" lol

you'll need two wastegates, and you can get manual and electronic boost controllers

9. bradw18

what kind of cam would be a good streetable cam but yeat good for turbos?

10. bradw18

what are the Holset hx35 capable of doin.

11. CyanJaguar

I suggest a holley double pumper, 750. the wastegate springs control the psi for the most part.

12. bradw18

I HAVE A DOUBLE PUMPER 750 NOW IS THERE ANYTHING I HAVE TO DO TO IT TO MAKE IT WORK OR IS IT FINE HOW IT IS

13. CyanJaguar

yes, nitrophyll floats , jet extensions in the rear, some say a 50cc squirter kit, and a new set of needles. around $100 total.

14. bradw18

thats awsome so i can use my heads and my carb :chacha: that saves me some money. will i have to do anything to the power valve? i hope i can use my intake also its a team g what everybody think?

15. furchaser

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html
    Ron

16. CyanJaguar

I dont think you technically have to do anything to the rear power valve(my 750 doesnt even have one) but I guess if you are so inclined its better for driveability on the street. is the team g a single plane? thats what I was adviced to use on mine(holley strip dominator)

17. bradw18

yea its single plain i think 2 or 4 inch rise on it. do you recommend getting the motor all studded and billit mains and line honed and all that good stuff. my rotating assembly is already internally balanced. ill have some pics on here just as soon as i figure out how to but them on here.

18. bradw18

heres my truck thats getting tt with the old 400 i had in it

9196851472527.jpg #ad

4946249424102.jpg #ad

8289702549788.jpg #ad

19. CyanJaguar

I'll let somone else answer the studs/ align honing stuff. how much power are you looking for?

20. bradw18

ill take that as a yes on alll the machine work. haha id like the capabality or 1200hp the rods i have will handle it along with the crank im going to spend some money on the block and pistions and rings so hopefully i can do 800 with no prob.