1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Honda Foreman transmission issues ( stuck in gear )

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by furchaser, Nov 2, 2011.

1. furchaser

I guess I should have said what the original problem was .. lol
    It was stuck in 3rd gear and would only shift up when it felt like it and would not go lower .. He tried to pull start it to see if it would release but these things are made to cut ignition on start up if neutral switch is open.
    They suck to work on but most problems can be fixed if you " don't " pull the motor like the manual says.
    Stuff it on it's back wheels and tie it there .. start pulling parts.
    For the most part you will find that the bolt has come loose on the internal shifter drum but not always ..
    here you can see that it knocked the nub off and I was glad to find it. ( the nub that is )
    Shifter drum , gasket and a spring that looked like it was about to break all came to about $60.00 at the dealer and it will take about 4-5 hours to do the complete job.

hond4.jpg #ad

honda3.jpg #ad

honda2.jpg #ad

honda.jpg #ad

2. BreakDancer

Sounds like you found the issue, but if the clutch basket fingers get grooves worn in them it can make changing gears and finding neutral difficult.