1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What’s a safe range

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by mookandairin, Jan 27, 2022.

1. mookandairin

What’s a safe range when wiring up my truck on amperage for the transbrake? I don’t know the amp draw without wiring up the truck. I am trying to get my eggs in the basket before I even start wiring the thing. Ya kinda anal but I kinda like having everything to do the job before I start but without knowing a safe estimate on the transbrake, idk what relay yo get for it if you can smell what I’m stepping in on this one.
    OR can I just put battery power to it while it’s sitting in the garage and measure amp draw without hurting anything while sitting in park? Do ai have to put it in neutral or first gear? I really don’t know so I figured I’d ask the gurus of the strip. Thanks a ton

2. Mnlx

You can energize it anytime with the engine not running, it actuates a hyd circuit. You could just look at the wire size going to the solenoid, and match it.

3. SpartanSV

You can also easily calculate current draw of a DC solenoid if you measure the resistance of the coil and you know the voltage applied to it.

Amps=volts/ohms

B E N likes this.