1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

oil return

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by mac350, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mac350

hey guys i am new to this site and also new to turbos.

i am running an oil return line off the turbo and i an not quite sure were is the best place to return it too. i was told that i should return it to the oil pan but i was wondering if there was another place to put it. i really dont want to pop a hole in my oil pan or remove it to weld in a bung.

i was thinking of running it to my valve cover but i am just not sure if that is ok.

2. MONTEGOD7SS

Just remove the pan and don't take the chance on losing a turbo or motor because you half-assed it. Pulling the pan sucks, but you'll be doing it anyways if you fuck up a turbo and send shit through the engine.

3. stangman9897

4. MONTEGOD7SS

If you read through that thread, make sure you pay attention to the part about getting a steep angle on the flare so you don't hit a cap or the crank. Most punches are pretty damn long, so you can either find something with a steeper taper, or buy two punches and chop one off right where the other stopped so you use one to punch the hole partially and finish off with the shorter one.

5. mac350

thanks for the info guys.

i am not sure if i am going to punch a hole and tap it because i think it is kind of cheesy. i think i will take the pan down and do it the right way. weld it in!!