1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holset HX82 for my 540ci?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Elmo owen, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Elmo owen

I'm contemplating going turbo on my 540 cube fox body, i'm aware that exhaust size is a major factor, is this unit large enough for the cubes I have?:
    Huge (14in diameter) alloy HX82 compressor housing with 5.5inch inlet and 3.5inch outlet.141mm lightweight billet MFS compressor wheel with 91mm inducer capable of 4bar+ boost.
    Oil cooled journal bearing core with 360deg thrust bearing and heavy duty shaft.
    128mm high flow turbine wheel with 105mm exducer.
    Twin scroll 36cm turbine housing with 4 bolt (85mm x 130mm- slightly larger than T6) inlet flange and 5.5inch v-band outlet flange.
    Incredible looking, incredible sounding, incredible performing turbocharger!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holset-HX...576384?hash=item3d0c224080:g:ayIAAOSwNyFWcr7h

2. Gen1SVE

Depends on how much power you wish to make... I would be comfortable using that turbine to 1300-1400hp anything over that you should just jump to twins.

3. Elmo owen

I was aiming for about that figure. The motor has already made 1300 on a Procharger and is built. I was concerned the exhaust side was wayyy too small. The turbo is capable of far more by the looks of it