1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holset HX40/H1E questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BoostedDownUnder, May 18, 2008.

1. BoostedDownUnder

I have just bought a pair of Holset turbos that were advertised as HX35's. When they arrived one was a HX40 and the other a H1E :bang:

Both have the same 16cm, non wastegated exhaust housings. I will have to pull them apart to measure the wheels sizes. Were any HX40's and H1E's the exact same turbo specs?

My plan is to build a mild blow through 385 SBC to go in a 3500lb sedan here in Oz. I have searched and can't find much info on people using the 16cm housings. How will 2 of these be on my planned engine and how much power can they support?

I have found quite a few people that run a single HX40 with the 22cm rear housings in a single application so I guess trying to find one of those rear housings may be an option(maybe hard to find in Oz) if I can't turn these turbo's into a matching pair. How much power can be made with a single HX40 with the large rear housing and also can you make a H1E an exact match for a HX40?

Sorry for all the Q's and thanx in advance for any replys as not many people play with little Holsets here in Oz.

2. makka

I am pretty sure that Jake Edwards has a bit to do with Holsets

3. BoostedDownUnder

Yeah but I don't know that he would know that much about the smaller ones. I'm sure there has to be someone on here that can help answer some of these questions.