1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holset hx35 question

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Ccrussell, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Ccrussell

Hello,
    I am collecting parts for an inline six build. I have a holset hx35 i am planning to use, but wish to change from internal wastegate to external wastegate because i need to clock the coldside about 180• to make it work. I thought i would just replace the exhaust housing side, then add an external wastegate. Cannot seem to find the proper exhaust housing , as the replacements bolt together, and the unit i have has a large "C" clip holding the halves together..
    Could I possibly weld the internal wastegate shut and then just use the unit I have ? Is there another option that I am not seeing?
    Thank you

2. Mnlx

Many have welded them shut, it's not an issue.

3. jlbayes

Are you sure you do not have an hy35?

4. Ccrussell

Hello , not sure it is an hy holset. Thought it is an hx holset. Am going to weld it shut, then add an external wastegate.
    Thankyou for replies