1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley terminator timing map ???

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Inline Adam, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Inline Adam

I’m looking for some guidance on timing…
    Can I see some timing maps from your cars?
    Right now I’m running 27° @ 8 psi…. But a bunch of maps I see are around 16° @ 8 psi
    Do I have too much timing?
    I know every setup is different, but there has to be some kind of guidelines for it, no?

2. Inline Adam

this is my table right now.

9520C5C9-0F00-440D-83C3-9AF2307EB633.jpeg #ad

3. Mnlx

That sounds like a lot of timing, but many of these old engines require it. Unless you're comparing another Chevy 6, someone else's map isn't going to help. Best thing to do is back it off, get some fresh plugs, run it, and read the plugs. If you know what it likes na, you can subtract 1-1.5 degree per psi, and get a pretty good starting point.

4. tbird

Sounds fine to me for a starting point. Old junk like that will want 36 n/a at least.
    Let the plugs tell you the real answer.