1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Foxbody megasquirt autotune question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Boosted306, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Boosted306

Finally got my car running the other day and hopefully ill be driving the car soon. Its a explorer shortblock, gt40p heads with springs, anderson cam, 60lb injectors, explorer intake, on3 turbo, 255 walbro pump. New to the megasquirt game and i only have the car idling right now. The question i have is in tunerstudio you can drive the car and it will help tune the car, can you do this with the car being boosted? Is there anyway for autotune to see boost and pull timing out? Is there a way to set a specific locked timing say 18 degrees or will autotune add more timing to the car. Also does the mspnp2 have a overboost protector? For instance is there anyway if the map sensor reads more then 12lbs of boost it will go into some sort of limp mode or do i need to buy the boost controller? Just trying to get some more knowledge when its actually time to start driving the car

2. Mnlx

MS2, or 3? Auto tune will only do fuel, ignition curve is up to you. I believe you can setup a boost cut, but it's been awhile since i've used MS. A boost controller will only make boost go up, unless you're talking about something else.

3. Boosted306

Its a ms2, it does have a overboost option. I was just looking through the boost options and you can put in a number and it will either cut spark fuel or both.

4. Disney Lincoln

Autotune does not tough timing. It only works the fuel table. It works based off of what you put in the AFR table. It then adjsuts fuel table to match your AFR table. You can tell it when to work or not work, so like >130* water temp, >1600rpm, Load over some number, etc. etc.

Yes, you have overboost protection.

fastspec2 likes this.
  5. Damein17

hey my old setup was a 302 with gt40 heads and intake, but stock cam but 76mm ball bearing turbo and a 340 pump, on the pnp2 ecu i ran 12 psi i still have the tune if you would like to look at it. it may help you out some. i ran the boost solenoid on mine though.

6. 91turboterror

Cutting fuel alone sounds like a bad idea

fastspec2 likes this.
  7. Jlibbey

You still have this tune ? I would like to take a look at it. Thanks