1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley super sniper - Fuel pump/line sizing

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by I6CJ7, Mar 15, 2021.

1. I6CJ7

Single turbo Amc 401, holley super sniper X-flow going on it. Low boost 7 to 8 psi, Maybe 10... I expect it could make 800hp if turned up.

But I'm shooting for a reliable 600hp, it's going in a jeep. I'm looking at the phantom Aeromotive systems. They make a 450lph single pump good to 800hp . Or a dual 250lph system. Good to 1000hp, but having a pump to fall back on seems nice.

Opinions? What size line should i go with? - 8 or - 10? And how about return? I was thinking of using the factory inline 6 hard feed line for the return. But i guess new braided fuel line would be cleaner.

Should i be looking at AN or pushloc or?? I'm out of my element on this one.. Looking to order some parts this week.

2. Disney Lincoln

-8 feed will be enough for what you're doing. I would just recommend to get the best hose that you can afford.

I6CJ7 likes this.
  3. B E N

I recently went through all this with my build.

At the 58psi that Holley runs at you will have more than enough for 600hp even with -6 and E85. -8 will be plenty.

I went with -6 because I had the flaring and bending tools to work with it, and I never plan on making more than about 650 wheel.

The 450lph pump will be enough, if you haven't committed to a pump yet Hellcat pumps are cheap, reliable and 525lph. They are cheap enough you can buy one, and a spare and still be under the cost of a dual 250 setup.

Pushlock works great, they can be a real bear to assemble. I used Aeroquip socketless FCN hose and their socketless fittings with the intent of running E85. I had zero fuel line leaks on the first pressure test, none have developed. Match your hose and fitting brands, they are designed to work together.

I used stainless for my hard line... don't bother its a pain in the ass. Use aluminum hard line. Look at the sanctioning body rules for whatever class you want to run if you plan to race. They may limit the amount of flex line you are able to use. Lock it to the frame with adel clamps every few feet, this will keep the system quiet/isolated and help longevity.

Don't skimp on the fuel pressure regulator.

I6CJ7 likes this.
  4. I6CJ7

I've heard stainless lines are a pain, i was thinking of using NiCop for the hard line. How do i go about adapting the hard-line to the braided hose? Flaring tool or brazing an AN fitting?

Good tip on the hellcat pump, i don't know if i can buy the phantom kit without their pump though? And I'll need their sump system since it's going in an old unbaffled tank.

Haven't picked a regulator yet, but with what I've spent on this engine. No point in skimping now.

5. B E N

I used AN to tube adapters. They are like a very high quality compression fitting on one side, and AN on the other. I did a pair of these next to the fuel filter, and another pair to the fpr so I knew there would be enough flex. Attached to a tanks Inc unit using flare tools.

I6CJ7 likes this.