1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley Dominator ECU

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by SpeedyBuick, Sep 2, 2023.

1. SpeedyBuick

I have a chance to pick up a nearly new Dominator ECU with the latest Holley installed software for $1700. I was looking at MS3 but am wondering if the Holley ECU is a better deal. Of course I'll have to buy all the other sensors and harnesses. I don't know enough about this stuff to make an offer informed decision. Opinions?

2. B E N

Holley will be more user friendly, MS will be cheaper. That's a good deal on a dominator, but you will have to determine if your build needs the features.

3. Russell

Who is going to do the tuning? Which do they prefer? If you're going to do it. Download both software and decide which one you think will be easier to use.

Holley seems to the current popular choice. MS. was king of stand alones for year

4. SpeedyBuick

It seems MS3 will do everything I want and more at a substantially lower cost. While the Holley is tempting I thinks it's overkill on my combination. Thanks for the input

B E N likes this.
  5. Russell

LOL. I understand lower cost. I am not sure I understand this over kill thing. Having more I/O than you can ever use is a dream of mine. I am more of a Terminator X budget, that was before the inflation.

SpeedyBuick likes this.
  6. SpeedyBuick

So far I've went way overkill with rods and pistons, I've got nearly 2 grand in a custom hydraulic roller cam setup. This engine is $1000 dollaring me left and right and it's just a street car. I need to draw the line somewhere..lol I think the MS3 has an optional expansion module to offer more I/O spaces.

I yanked a brand new never started 550+ HP big block out of my car to build this small block...My wife is ready to send me to counseling.

20230724_145311.jpg #ad

silver82GT and Russell like this.
  7. SpeedyBuick

I found out I have a friend who is a Megasquirt dealer. Ended up buying a MS3Pro-Evo and some wiring and sensors for a great price.

Disney Lincoln and Pro-SC like this.
  8. Disney Lincoln

Well shoot that Dominator deal on over to your buddy Disney!