1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BS3 dumping fuel, MAP sensor issue

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by NEVRNF, May 28, 2007.

1. NEVRNF

Just installed system. Car is dumping fuel out the tailpipe. :bah: Issue is with the MAP as far as i can tell. Looking at the fuel table the bubble is in the top left corner when the car starts. It should be near the bottom left, Correct :huh:
    If i unplug the map it drops to the bottom left but car will not run. I tried another MAP i had laying around and it does the same thing. :bang: :bang:
    As far as i can tell it is reading 30psi with the MAP plugged in. Is it possible the plug is wired wrong causing 5v to the reference wire?
    Any other ideas. I am lost at this point.

2. ShaneH

Do you have the correct MAP and is the BS3 set accordingly?

3. NEVRNF

I do not know. The map sensor has a part # of 12223861 on a paper tag.

4. ShaneH

That's the correct part #. Under Hardware Configuration in the BS3 program is it set for 3 bar map?

5. NEVRNF

Yes it is set to 3bar. I checked the MAP plug and when i go 5v to ground i have 5.2v. 5v to reference i have 4.95v??? I pulled the PCM and ohmed the wires. Same resistance on all 3? Checked the pin locations at the PCM and the MAP plug and they are correct according to the schematc. It seems like the problem is in the PCM???

6. NEVRNF

One other thing. with the kee on and engine off where should the bubble sit?? how about at idle??
    the MAP scale is set to PSI so it either sits at 30.1 or -12.

7. ShaneH

With engine not running and the map scale set to psi, the bubble should sit just below the zero line.

8. NEVRNF

Ok so i got it fixed. What are the chances of having 2 bad MAP sensors :eek: :bang:
    I hooked up with a friend with a PMS and tried both of them on his car and it would not run. I took his spare home with me aftertesting it on his car and it starts and idles. Now for the tunning :D

9. Enginerd

Was that car in the PER booth at the Drag Expo a few years ago?

10. NEVRNF

Yes that is the one. I kind of lost interest in it right after that. Just now getting back into the car.

11. Enginerd

Cool. Will we see you at the track anytime?

12. NEVRNF

I dont know, I need to do a lot of stuff to make it track ready. I would like to get it streetable and drive it some this summer. I think it might be a handfull with 315/17 drag radial and road race suspension. :chacha:
    Might be able to hook up with you later this summer at a cruise night or possibly RSD.

13. Enginerd

Yeah... talk to Drlee about that!