1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley Commander 950-No Start-Please Help SOMEBODY!!!-TT302

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by jelky68, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jelky68

Does anyone have a baseline for the Commander with a 302 Twin T3/T4 and 42lb injectors,2-bar map and the stock TFI???
    Also for some reason the Pulse width is dropping off as soon as the computer see's RPM(Maybe thats normal as I am new to this)....At least that's what the datalogger shows...I ahve tried every base map that Holley gives with no luck..I have also tried to bump up the cold start enrichment but again no luck...It will chug fire,but will not idle or run....The afterstart enrichment has been adjusted to add an additional 30% but still no start...All connectors and voltage has been checked to Holleys Tech line readings and they are all in-line...I just can't believe it takes this long to get a starting baseline.....
    Thanks in advance for your help....I am at the end of my rope after 17hrs of trying everything....Jim

2. Chris Lazzo

Do you have a wideband ? It should start with a stock347 map or the SC basemap. Are you sure the fuel pump is comming on ?
    You should here it priming first.

Hell I got 150# injectors and it will at least fire on one of the base maps. ( Sounds like somethings not hooked up right.)

I have a base map for 60 # injectors that I had a T70 on just take out 15% fuel and it should be close.

Recheck all the maps sometime the 950 will erase all the input values to 0 for some stupid reason.

Chris

3. jelky68

Thanks Chris..I am heading to the garage on Thursday to verify all connections and make sure the TFI module is alive and well....I really thought it should fire on one of the base maps also but no luck..I have the Innovative 3769 wideband hooked up and it shows like 22.6 on the gauge......I think maybe the ECU may be bad....Jim

4. jelky68

Still no luck.....Where do you set the ignition starting pint...The instructions say 10..So the unit knows where TDC is..Is this correct??? It almost fires then if t pops bach thru the intake ..sorta like the timing is off or something...

5. Chris Lazzo

don't worry where it is set on the 950 now...... you need #1 cylinder up on compression stroke put you finger over the #1 spark plug hole and turn the motor over with a ratchet and as soon as it blows your finger off it's on compression stroke set your rotor button on the #1 cylinder you may need to take out the dis (not all the way) just enough to rotate the dis gear so you can line up to the #1 cylinder. Recheck Recheck and Recheck to make sure firing order is right if not you'll end up filing plugs and it will never start infact check the plugs now if there filed you need to change them.

If you look on your timming mark after you get compression stroke it should be on zero advance it to 10 with a timming light and lock it down now set the 950 to 10 degree advance after you get it running bump the 950 up to 25 degrees at idle and recheck timming it should read 25 with the timming light if it don't you don't have the 950 tapped into your dis right.

Good luck

6. jelky68

Chris,
    I finally got her fired up..Not running but she will fire..I have to set the cold start and the fuel map.....It was the damn firing order..I am new to the whole Ford thing as I have been GM for 20 years and used a firing order from a web-site and didnt verify it was for the 86 and later 302....I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.....Thanks again....Jim