1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley Commander 950 & E85

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Nobody., Dec 31, 2010.

1. Nobody.

Holley Commander 950 & E85

My 81 Corvette TPI/twins/e85 project is coming together finally and I need some help as a starting point with the Hollley Commander 950 Pro. I'm going running my GM TPI with it solely on E85 and need to know who has done this and what calculations were done to convert it. Thanks.

2. 64duece

Re: Holley Commander 950 & E85

You'll need to increase your fuel tables (cranking, ae and main fuel by 30%) and tune in the gas scale since the Cmdr950 isn't setup for e85 AFR scaling. Ensuring that you have the proper voltage inputted for the WBO2 is important (preset for Holley WBO2). Start with a conservative timng map and read the plugs (thread end) while your working your way through the tune.

3. Brillko

Youll probably need more than 30% on the crank enrighment. Around 5-6 times more (500-600%) fuel than on petrol. But you only need it for the crank pulse. Then 30% will be ok.

So pulse in alot of fuel on crank. as fast as it starts, pull it away.

I always tune E85 N/A as a gasoline ignition map.

//Stefan

4. Nobody.

Thanks guys. Since this is a totally new setup, I have nothing as far as maps go other than one I downloaded from Holley named SC14psi. Anyone want to doctor one up for me to get it running? :bow: