1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone make a thin carb spacer with vacuum ports ?

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by 85silverbullet, Jan 1, 2015.

1. 85silverbullet

3/8 or shorter for a square bore holley 4150 dp

2. 55Chevy

I've seen some on ebay but they are rare. I just went through adding a 3/8" vacuum port to a spacer this fall to setup my PCV. What size vacuum ports and how many do you need?

&list=UUuYmtPz-IHoyV9NFRMJYJPQ[/url]

3. 85silverbullet

I need an extra port instead of drilling and tapping the intake on the car-i'm already sharing the pcv and brake booster with a tee at the rear carb baseplate. I believe I run the fpr to my carb hat. Need 1/8 port for boost gauge which needs to be below the throttle plates

4. 55Chevy

You're going to need to find a different source for the power brake booster! It's dangerous to compromise the vacuum signal to the brakes. What intake are you running? All you need is a small flat spot to drill and tap the intake to add a vacuum port. I run my brakes off the big port on the back of my Holley, the PCV to the port I added to the spacer, Inside blender door to the full time vacuum port on the front of my carb, and the modulator valve/vacuum advance to a "T" on the back of the intake. You may be able to avoid a spacer maybe. Can you post pictures of your setup?

5. 55Chevy