1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

holley 4150g ok for boost as well as the reg 4150?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by sn 95guy, Jan 1, 2011.

1. sn 95guy

i looked and there is not much info at all on the 4150g series carb from holley. i know it means its governed but is it still able to be setup for blowthru just as the regular 4150 series carbs? and will it still go by the same hangar18 mods? sorry i looked and searched but this is completely new to me...

2. cat herder

Governor? You don't mean like old dump truck carbs with governors, do you? Please say 'no'. As far as I remember from 20 years ago the last time I worked on those, they were all vacuum secondary (albeit with a rear metering block instead of a fixed plate, hence the 4150 instead of 4160) and even leaving that out, completely unsuited to anything even vaguely performance-oriented.

3. sn 95guy

ok just wondering lol yeah super old school carb... didnt know if it was usable or not lol...says from 1965-1978 ford trucks..

the numbers..
    [​IMG]#ad

the carb itself..
    [​IMG]#ad

4. sn 95guy

i was just wondering if the governer crap was removable and setup as a normal 4150 but is there that much of a difference between this and the regular 4150 series carbs besides of course the obvious lol:?:

5. cat herder

Nope. Only possibly usable parts are the metering blocks, and that's only if they will physically fit a normal mainbody. Not to mention how the blocks are calibrated, which would almost surely be all wrong.

Side-hung float bowls with non-adjustable needle/seats, mainbody (no place for a rear accelerator pump on the casting), baseplate, everything else - not usable. Stick to numbers 4776, 4777, 4778, 4779.

6. sn 95guy

ok thanks for the info...yeah im just trying to find a carb to convert, but also something i can completely go through and not be upset if i did mess something up lol...this one seems to be all of that except the usable part lol...and once again i appreciate it..