1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo'd Straight 6

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mi69camaro, Aug 23, 2005.

1. mi69camaro

hey guys well i've been on the hunt to find some info on turboing my ford 170ci. yah well i talked to this guy this morning and he said use a turbo off of a grand national or a similar 6 cyl. and he said post something here cuz you guys would know...he said that would work fine but i needed to modify my carb. for a turbo and he said you guys would know!! so yah i have a holley 1bbl carb. for a 1961 Ford Falcon ( thats what my car is ) so if u could let me know that'd be great!! cuz i'm trying to find out all the info i can...and if anyone has ever done this here please let me know or maybe post sum pics :) ok thanX for reading

Jon D.

2. mfpmax

Have you seen the Turbo 6 Falcon in the Featured Cars section?

3. Disney Lincoln

Who were you ttalking to abou that? A guy that goes by Import Killer?

I helped him (I.K.) turbo his I-6 in his 65 Stang. We used a GN turbo on it and a Holley 350cfm 2bbl. Did the carb mods as per the sticky in the carb forum and let er rip.

4. mi69camaro

yeah wel i just check that out thanX! but yah idk who the guy'z name was??! but yah do u have any idea of how much that would cost to get one of those for like i mean the whole setup!! i wanna road race this car and drag it like once or twice!! thanX anymore info?? oh yah how would i put a 2bbl on my car and what did you mean by sticky?? ThanX!

5. mi69camaro

anybody??!?

6. on3 racing

that guy with the turbo falcons name on here is "Does10s" give him a pm, i know he has made setups for other inline cars.

7. mi69camaro

ok thanx i'll get ahold of him!!

8. Disney Lincoln

9. mi69camaro

i'm gonna call around today to try and find a grand national turbo!! when i find one should i get just the turbo or the whole thing (intercooler ect. blow-out valve ) well thanX 4 all the info i love this site!!

10. mi69camaro

no luck finding one!! nobody in the whole phonebook has one... but don't i need the turbo comp. with it?? and is there a post on how to modify my head to accept a 2 barrel?? i was told thats what i need and thats what i've seen everybody do. so yah please let me know looking at getting one on ebay tonight!! thanks

~peacccccce~

Jon D.

11. Disney Lincoln

You'd be better at Fordsix with those questions.

No you just need a complete GN turbo. Go to the Buick boards to get one.