1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boost Controller

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by vht, Apr 7, 2022.

1. vht

Anyone had experience with the Inovative MSBC-1 boost controller? I just bought one, I know it's an older one but it was cheap and I'm keeping with my budget build. From what I've seen from research, it's pretty easy to operate and even if I have to replace the Mac valves I still won't have much in it.

2. vht

Nobody has ever used one of these controllers/

3. 72gts

I'd been looking at those but bought the SCG-1

For what I need .... and it can log RPM, boost, AFR and solenoid duty ... I'm hoping it works out

4. vht

I was going that route untill I seen this one for sale used. I think it'll do everything I want I hope. Now just got to figure out how to use it, this is all new to me.

5. tbird

I have an SCG-1. Works great.

72gts likes this.
  6. 72gts

I'm surprised no one has chimed in about the MSBC-1. Weren't they super popular a ways back?

Not to hijack this thread... Sorry, but people did say there'd be a lot of back pressure with the small turbo I have, and it opens the wastegate early bc of that.

So until I get around to changing the turbo, I bought a much needed ebc

7. alexflax

I just made an account because this post is the only mention of the MSBC-1 on the internet this year lol or recently. I have an old turbo project that uses the MSBC-1 as its controller. I am trying to keep it period correct. Did you happen to use this controller in your build? My control panel is broken and I have been scouring the internet for a used one to keep it as original to the build from like 2002 as possible lol. Thanks!!

8. vht

Haven't used it yet, still a work in progress. I wish I could find someone the has used it, it'd be nice to know if it works half way decent.

9. 72gts

10. alexflax

Mine is stuck at 20psi lol. It works half way decently but a newer boost controller definitely has better control than this does. I am trying to revive an old build and keep it as it was from the early 2000s. If you ever decide to let her go, I would love to use it!

11. vht

Sent you a message, sorry I didn't see yours sooner.