1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

hitting a 2 stroke with nitrous

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by actmobmar, Dec 20, 2015.

1. actmobmar

i bought a fogger system for the outboard on the boat, i have 6 fogger nozzles i'll plumb in before the reeds. was going to use an aux fuel tank and fuel pump just for the nitrous system, and use 110 oct in it. i also have egt's to read each bank of cyclinders. anything i should watch out for? engine currently makes 400 hp(3litres), i was going to add another 60 hp to it, and want to use it for top end running. i will run a bigger prop, and set it up so it turns a max of 6500 rpm on engine, and then with nitrous a max of 7100 rpm. any suggestions or insights?

2. Mnlx

Don't put too much faith in the egt's. Check plugs, and piston wash, and use egt's after getting a baseline. Also lean "pops" will kill reeds in a hurry.

3. actmobmar

is there any issues with the nitrous being as cold as it is damaging the reeds? also, my current egt at wot is 1210, it should roughly stay the same while using nitrous if the mixture is correct? i hear`you on the piston wash, thats the way i built the fuel map.