1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo sizing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mitch, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Mitch

I have a boss block 308 (I know I should’ve gone bigger but I got the block/eagle crank/h beams/diamond pistons for like $2800cdn. So don’t lecture me on displacement)

300cfm heads/spider intake/big solid roller .670lift etc

currently have a T4 t76 bb q trim ITS turbo with 3”dp.

haven’t been super impressed with the spool time. But it’s not terrible.

Recently the turbo ate the air filter. So I need to buy a new turbo.

I’ve heard the newer GT turbos spool much quicker.
    I’ve also heard the billet wheel turbos spool quicker and I see On3 has a billet wheel 76/75 T4 and a GT45. How would the spool time of these compare to my current t-76 qtrim?

Or, Do you have any other recommendations?

I’d ideally like to be around 700-800rwhp. It’s a street car so spool and fun is more important than numbers for me.

2. B E N

Nothing wrong with 308", make up displacement with boost... that's what turbos are best at.

82mm turbine s475 would do you well I think. 96mm turbine would get you a little further on the top end, but won't spool as well.