1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hey, new forum... here's my cubic inch challenged ride.

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by wastingtime, Dec 13, 2008.

1. wastingtime

It's a 98 firebird with the V-6. The car is stock, except for tuning, injectors and the pipes. It uses a turbonetics unit with a 62-1 comp. and a stage 5 turbine (T-3). It does have rear suspension mods, and stock trans converter and 308 rear. The kit was put on the car at 115k, and currently has 130k on it with the valve covers never having been off. I run a lot of boost, from 18-26psi. The car never has been on the dyno, but it should do about 450 to the wheels. It goes mid 11's with soft 60's to save the rear for a while, at 120 mph. Here are a couple of pics and vids. There are a ton more at my site, www.fquick.com/1SICK6. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

View Video on FQuick
    View Video on FQuick
    View Video on FQuick

2. xlr8a4d

Nice times !!

3. Drac0nic

Nice ride, you have to love the descendant motors of the Buick V6. What fuel are you running? Those are something like 10:1 stock

4. wastingtime

They are actually 9.1, maybe 9.5, I forget. But with the stock crap pistons and iron heads I use 5 gallons of sunoco blue with the rest 93, just to be safe. I also have methanol injection that I run. The engine is picky as hell, still, with timing. Look at it this way, I run 15 to 20* at 20psi without it pulling spark, but N/A it would only run 16*. I really don't know how the thing is alive still :stupid:

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

Its crazy how well that thing runs with a stock motor! Are they hyper pistons stock? Must be nice to walk on some of the modded ls1 cars out there.. :2thumbs:

6. wastingtime

yeah, they are hyper pistons in the car. It does suprise a good amount of cars. Thanks for the compliments.