1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

98 LS1 sensor pinouts needed for sequential MS3 connection

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 85mcss, Feb 25, 2013.

1. 85mcss

Been helping a guy hook up his MS3 to a 98 LS1 and want to make sure I'm taking the correct pins to the MS (& grounding the correct pins). The LS1 portion of the Megamanual is very vague and the pictures really dont tell whats going to where on the sensor like which wire is the 5v output for the TPS or can I just take 12v to the TPS??

Basically, we are working with pigtails on the sensor plugs.

Anyone know of an excel file or table with the sensors listed with wire colors? Seems I can find somewhat of what I'm looking for by searching for each sensor on google but I'm still not 100% sure they are correct per 98 vs 99-on stuff.. I've tried looking at the swap guides also to no avail.

Also, I have yet to see anything in the MS documentation that says whether or not I need to bring the cam sensor in for using sequential mode. Any input on this?

We may just try to start it via batch fire if things get too hairy for sequential.

That said, is there that much of a benefit to do sequential over batch fire?

Thanks!

2. 85mcss

One more question, Does anyone know what type of MAP is integrated into the board on an MS3? I dont want to just slam it with boost and find out it was only recommended for vacuum..

3. skunkxracing

2.5 bar MAP is standard, 4.0 bar (map daddy) is optional. That's all the help I will be other than I recommend get a FSM or Haynes manual to have the wiring diagrams and color codes of the wires, that is really you best bet short of someone else already having found out that exact information.

4. 85mcss

Cool... Thats a pretty good idea on the Haynes manual! I'll have to grab one of those on the way home.

5. skunkxracing

My haynes was integral to getting MS set up, and troubleshooting.