1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hey from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Beelzeboss, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Beelzeboss

Hi all,

just found this forum and thought I'd join up and introduce myself. My name is Andrew, I'm a mechanical engineer based in Sydney, Australia and have been tinkering with cars for a few years.

Started out with a Skyline R33 GTS-T, but sold it because I knew nothing about cars and how to fix the problems it had. Then had a first gen MX5/Miata which I swapped in a KL-DE V6, then later put the stock engine back in and turbocharged it. I've also had an S13 Silvia which I swapped an LS1 and T56 into. I planned to turbo it but never got around to it.

This brings me to my latest project - building a hot-rod from a 1946 Ford chassis (to simplify rego here in Australia), mechanicals from a 1993 Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC400, including the 4L 1UZ-FE V8, and wrapping it in an aluminium body that somewhat resembles a 1942 Willys Jeep. The jeep body was chosen because it looked easy to fabricate from sheet and it satisfies the "pre '49" rule for easier rego.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Anyway, I'll start a build thread here when I get closer to actually fitting the turbo's to the engine. I initially bought an S366, which is what's on the highest power stock bottom end 1UZ-FE (780whp), but then decided that I don't need that sort of power in something weighing less than a tonne, so switched to twin Evo TD05's.

B E N likes this.
  2. schwerdt1

Nice build! Will keep up with it when you start that build thread.