1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hey All you Mega Squirters, Just some start up questions

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by allenvos, Jan 27, 2006.

1. allenvos

Hey guys, Ive got my car up and idling on mega squirt. Its a 302, AFR's, twin t-3 with 42 lb injectors.+ stock HO camshaft

Im running mega squirt and spark extra using the original TFI module , but just as a signal and using an Ignition box.

I have a few questions to you guys already into and running them.

In the fuel table constants setup screen there are a few options, Im just wondering what you guys have everything set to???

Injections per engine cycle (how many squirts)
    Injector staging (simultaneous or alternating)
    Engine type (even or odd fire)

Here is what Ive got mine set to

2 injections per engine cycle
    Simultaneous injector staging
    Engine type as even fire

also how are your injectors wired up???

Ive got one bank on the drivers side and the second bank on the passenger side(4 per bank)

Also under spark settings there is a trigger angle setting in degrees

Is there any special thing to set the spark to work with a regular ford distributor???

Also there any way to set from KPA to PSI???/

The Engine also runs with vacum approx 17-18 inchs when running , How do you put this down as KPA in your spark and VE
    table??????

Thanks Guys, I do have it up and running and just dont want to proceed unless everything is set properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Unatural

I have mine set with

2inj per cycle
    alternating
    even fire

I got most of my basic setup from a guy named Shawn that used to be one here, and it seems to be a good start. I have my injectors wired up the same as you do too. I was having problems with my MS for a long time and couldn't figure out what was going on. The car would start, but if I tried to rev it, it would drop pulse width on me and I couldn't figure out why. Well it ended up being the Acceleration Wizard. Everytime I tried to enter any values in, it would freeze on me. I found out that all you have to do if it freezes is hit the ALT key and it will unfreeze it. I tried that the other day and BAM, car is running great. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet because I just put my windshield back in yesterday, but today I'm going to mess with it some more.

After I got my car running the first time, the first thing I did was set the base timing to 10* with a timing light. Then I put 10 in for the trigger angle. Then you can adjust your timing table how you want and it will advance your timing to whatever you have it set at in the table.

My setup is similar to yours in that I'm also using 302 with 42#s and a stock cam. My car reads right around 30-33 kPa at idle, if that helps.

I'm not sure if you can change your gauge from kPa to PSI, but I know that to change your gauges around, you have to go to the "mtCfg" folder and open up the "megasquirt-I" file (I assume you're using MS-I). Inside there, you'll find the [GaugeConfigurations]. Under that section, you can change what gauges show up on your screen. I've changed my air fuel gauge from lambda to AFR in there, and I think you can change from kPa to psi, but I'm not positive. This is just me, but I left mine kPa to make it a little easier to change around my fuel and timing tables, because if it was in psi, I wouldn't be able to automatically know what box I was in. I'm not sure if you've been to www.msefi.com yet, but over there you can find pretty much any info you need. And I know if you do a search, you'll be able to come up with the answer to your kPa to psi question.

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.

3. 87vert

if your using megasquirt-n-spark you can load my tune and it should be pretty close

http://fourcylfox.com/megasquirt/

with the kpa-psi question,

the extra software has a built in vac/boost gauge so you can turn that on and leave the kpa gauge the same.

i also have my config file on my website their so you can look through their and see what i changed (gauge configs and datalogging options)

i did the same thing to set my timing, lock it in to 10* and adjust the dist to match then you set.