1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what oil pressure with stock oil pump

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by 4-71/z-28, Jan 10, 2007.

1. 4-71/z-28

i was just curious what you guys with stock oil pump on 5.0's are see for oil pressure when warmed up with a turbo? idle and cruising speeds?

2. 4-71/z-28

so nobody's running and oil pressure gauge? :huh:

3. Redsnake2

I'm running the stock oil pump and using the gauge in the car. has me worried cause it's reading rather high to me and i don't know if that normal for a TT set-up or not.. So i'm also curious about an answer

4. Robert1320

10 psi per 1000 rpm

5. mustangless

stock gauge in my car is on the high side too. I notice at cruising speed it stays M&A on normal. Not really high, but not right in the center.

6. autosay97

Stock gauges are jokes. More like a hobb switch, tells you when there is pressure there not necessarily how much.

7. Greenmustanggt

agreed. If you ground out the stock oil pressure wire it will only read 1/2 way up the gauge.

Not accurare...

BUT with aftermarket, i agree also, 10 psi per 1k rpm or so.......when warm

8. Erich

Once it is warm, it is about 30 psi at 1500 rpm driving. Around 50 when at 3000 or more. Upon first start up it is over 60 when the oil is cold.
    Hopefully this is normal.
    Erich

9. 92coupe

sounds about right, even autometer gauges seem to vary a bit